Confessions Of A Coffee Boy

One man. One cafe. Soho, NYC. Bring it, bitches!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hell To Pay

I notive today that the greasy hair, baggy pants, dirty t-shirt, quasi-facial hair on men is coming back. I am NOT happy about this. It makes me feel dirty, and oddly enough, miss the metrosexual, a breed I used to dispise. A snippy Asian woman asks how much O.J. is before walking out when I tell her I'll be with her in a minute because I am helping someone else right now. She is the first of two people to do this today. A gorgeous black woman comes in and I have seen her SOMEWHERE before and for some reason I think it was on America's Next Top Model. She just looks soo familiar and perhaps like a contestant. I cannot place her name or season though. Hmm. The Russian is absent, though I know she will return, unfortunately. I look forward to days when she is not here. Though, there doesn't seem to be a set schedual of her time off. She will return, oh yes, and fill my days with hate and anger and frustration. One of the GAYEST men alive comes in with HUGE diamond earrings that pretty much blind me, long pearl and jade necklaces that an old woman would wear, a diamond encrusted watch and diamond bracelets. He has a woman's handbag that had what looks like real glod chains on it. His hair is thinning and yet he has it cut and styled like that of a man 20 years his junior. And the awful clincher on and otherwise ok day is that a stupid son of a bitch ruined my coat. I do not keep my coat in a locker because I have not been assigned one yet and the "stupid, fat one" still puts bleach directly on the floor when the manager is not around. Now my coat is dangerously close to the ground and with one lazy fuckin slosh, my coat is ruined. I am done with work and just fucking leave ASAP. When I get home, I start my project. I completely finish bleaching the coat. It is now a light dirty brown color. I also bought black dye (the coats' ORIGINAL color) and tomorrow before work, I am going to the laundromat to dye my coat back to the old lovely black it used to be. And if it's ruined, there will be hell to pay. The only reason I did not bitch this fucker out is because he barely speaks English and he wouldn't understand it, so I am going to wait and see what happens and if anything goes wrong, I am getting a translator and bitching the fuck out of this motherfucker.

6 Comments:

said...

Update young person, update.


And where the hell are you?

2:53 PM  
said...

Yes, absolutely, update.

Both Post Secrets and Waiter Rant have gotten book deals from their blogs.

You've got a wonderful start here.

xxxxx

11:34 AM  
said...

come on keep it going. you are doing great.

it takes a long time to build up loyal readership don't get discouraged.

10:09 PM  
said...

good luck with the coat.

:)

sal

2:42 PM  
said...

oh... this post is from feb (i was wondering what a sohoian was doing wearing a coat in early sept).
:/
so... how'd the coat turn out?

i enjoy you're writing, coffee boy.

sal

2:44 PM  
said...

I thought this post was post dated to five days from now, but it is from last year. Doh.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home