Confessions Of A Coffee Boy

One man. One cafe. Soho, NYC. Bring it, bitches!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Espresso Enema 1/18/06

As soon as I arrive at work there is a tall young Asian woman at the counter odering something. I start making it for her and while I am doing so, she pulls out a cigarette and lights it right in the middle of the cafe. I give her a "What the fuck?" look and stop what I am doing. "You can't smoke that in here." "Really?" "Really." I hate her for two reaons. One, she is dumb enough to light a cigarette inside and two, I want to steal it from her and smoke it myself. She drops the cigarette on the floor and puts it out with a twist of her shoe. I am shocked. Someone comes along soon and sweeps it up. She leaves. Soon after, the Spaniard had to "talk to" me. She told me I wasn't closing the coffee bar correctly. Apparently, I need to restock it. "They do it for you before you get here, so you it for them for when they get here in the morning." But they don't do it for me. They wait until I get there and then they ask me to get it for them. I had to rush out of my apartment this morning cause I was late and I didn't get to bursh my teeth, shower or wash my face...but I did manage to to my hair perfectly. My lip is busted open. I sneezed and the next thing I know, there's blood. My lips weren't even dry or anything. I chapstick like crazy. When I lick my lips, I can taste the salty, metalic flesh underneath the skin. A guy comes in and orders a cappucino. I ask him if he wants a medium or a large. He says "small" and points to the teeny tiny espresso cups. I tell him we don't make cappucinos in those. He asks wat we do make in them and I tell him "espresso or machiato". He orders an espresso. After I hand it to him and he pays, he quickly runs to the bathroom with a little waddle. I think he is constipated. He prolly ordered that espresso to give himself an enema with so he could speed things up a bit in there. Ew. I tell myself that this must be true and believe it. I scauled my hand with hot water while making tea for some old woman. There is a bright red welt. A Nicky Hilton look-a-like comes in and does a quick look around the cafe at the things we sell in her fake designer, velour track suit. She leaves. "Take me with you!" I cry out in my mind. For some reason, close to closing time, I get tired and grumpy because I am not feeling well. It's 7:45 and these two bitches come up to me and I put there food in bags because after 7:30, everything is to-go. They ask if they can sit. I tell them no. They sit in the front of the cafe by the big window anyway. I try to burn them with the lasers that are supposed to be shooting out of my eyes at this moment and fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home