Confessions Of A Coffee Boy

One man. One cafe. Soho, NYC. Bring it, bitches!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Broken Heart Is Broken 1/13/06

My friend from a previous job, T pops in. We chat and she gets free stuff like all my friend now do. I popped my blister and was right is saying it was pimple-esque. I had to squeeze out all the puss. I was gross. I am now becoming addicted to my "Bailey's" coffee. Hooray for an addictive personality. A bitchy solcialite brings her vanilla coffee I made her two minutes ago back to me and refers to it as "disgusting." My first thought is "Hey, you're the one who ordered it." She asks what the last coffee brewed was. I tell her it was the vanilla. She asks, "and before that?" I tell her regualr, plain coffee. I brewed it about an hour ago. She doesn't know this. I pour her the coffee and I hope it tastes bitter on her rich bitch tongue. I hope that it makes her throw up on her Gucci shoes. I hope they are ruined. I start telling people not to tip me. I don't care about loose change but anyone whotries to put in a dollar bill or more, I tell them they can take it back and tell them why. Some do, some don't. A smal blonde midget comes in. I'm not sure if I should call her a midget or little person or dwarf. I am not politically correct when it comes to people with dwarfism. Her nose barely reaches the counter. I tell her I like her glasses. They are just about the only thing I can see of her besides the top of her head. Yet another annoying song plays over head repeating "My broken heart is broken." "Really?" I think, "I would say that a borken heart is completely intact. You make no sense, I hate you." I notice that I have a routine at work now. I arrive, get bombed by people for a good half hour, when it dies down, I make my Bailey's coffee...work for a while, take my break around 6/6:30, come back inside, make my dinner (salad), finish working, close the coffee bar, go to the bathroom, rinse the sweat off my face and do me hair, go into the basement, punch out and leave. Two fillipino men ask me to join them after I get out of work. I quickly decline and throw up in my mouth a little bit. Neither of them are attractive in any way and I am completely disgusted by what I think they have in mind. A man comes in wearing a suit that reminds me of Mark Twain. Except his suit is not white, it is large stripes of dark and light blue. I openly laugh as he walks in but try not to as he orders. His shoes are electric blue snakeskin. He has a handle bar mustache that is curled at the ends with wax. It is real. He looks as if he is only in hislate twenties and I am completely baffled why someone would go out into public like this and embarass themselves. Oh, did I mention his staff? He had one. It looked like a Moses staff. It had an unlit lantern on it. I wonder what he could possibly be doing. A sluttier Paris Hilton wannabe demands to know where he credit card is before I even have a chance to give it back to her after swiping it to pay for her order. All I can think about is how good it would fell to have the back of my hand connect with the side of her face. Maybe I have been watching too many Buffy episodes. A woman who should look like she is in her fifties but looks like late fourties with some back work done comes in and gets dangerously close to my face while ordering. Being this close to her though allows me to observe that she has obviously had her lips done and that she should sue her doctor because they are losing their elasticity and beginning to drop and are kinda lumpy. She has had Botox. That is also looking quite lumpy. Her eyelids are melting down to meet with her eyelashes. They don't look happy to see them. This woman is also dressing far too young for her age. Her top is so low cut that I can see the skin folds/flaps in her cleavage. "She should have done the boobs, not the face." I think to myself. Her jeans are so tight that I vaguely detect the cellulite growing in cottage cheese clumps on her ass and thighs. She is also quite tanorexic. She is wearing a dark tan belt with rhinestones that matches her skin tone exactly. I feel sorry for her and decide to give her decaf when she asks for regular...maybe it will slow down her rush to the plastic surgoen today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home